No Kill Pima County
July 2017 through June 2018
NKPC, an all-volunteer private non- profit organization, is working to implement the No Kill Equation throughout Pima County. We develop, support and implement programs or services that help to:
KEEP PETS OUT OF SHELTERS
PROVIDE QUALITY CARE FOR PETS IN SHELTERS
GET PETS OUT OF SHELTERS INTO PERMANENT PLACEMENTS
Although our fiscal year is January through December, we recognize July is also a very common time of year for organizational reporting and NKPC is overdue in providing an update of activities.
Our current initiatives include:
Each One Medical Fund
Lost Pets Initiative
Fosters to the Rescue
S.O.S. Resource Directory
Over 60 volunteers supported these efforts in the past 12 months. Volunteers organize and support all our events, present pets to the public, produce video, post lost pets online, translate forms into Spanish, and provide web design.
NKPC provides financial support to keep pets out of shelters, improve care in shelters and get them out of shelters. A total of 99 animals received direct financial support during this period, with the the bulk being $22,245.00 for veterinary care. We also provided 236 free microchips to pets and an additional 227 pets received low cost ($10) microchips.
NKPC activities include:
- information and referral (by phone, email, social media, web contacts and website directory)
- shelter diversions to rescue (by phone)
- marketing the most vulnerable homeless pets in the community
- monthly presentation on the Morning Blend TV show
- advertising savethesaveable.com in print, bus posters, movie theaters, radio, digital ads
- boosting posts of pets with urgent needs on social media
- adoption events
- organizing online fundraisers for pets in dire need of life-saving support in the County shelter or in the community
- monthly low cost or free microchip events
- Lost Pet Support Booth at PACC after the 4th of July
- community information tables to educate the public, recruit volunteers and fosters for shelters/rescues, share information on community resources and increase public awareness of the need and the solutions
NKPC Continues to collaborate with Pima Animal Care Center to support life-saving protocols, policies and procedures and advocate for the community to be part of the solution.
We routinely assess strengths and gaps in services within the community safety net for our vulnerable pets and community cats and strive to support efforts and collaborate to meet those needs. We regularly review and develop programs to increase our services and support in the community.
We’d like to thank our donors. Without whom none of this would be possible. Special thanks to Bonnie Kay Charitable Fund, held at the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona, Second Acts Rescue Foundation, A Tucson Tail Bed and Breakfast, Baja Cafe, Alisha Escoto Web and Design, Hinderaker, Rauh and Weisman Law Firm, Benarda Veterinary Hospital, Dawn Heineman with the Peter DeLuca Team of Long Realty, Tucson Dog Magazine, those of you who have had your employer match your donation, and those who conducted fundraising events for us on Facebook.
For more information about our services and how you can help, please visit nokillpimacounty.org today.