Supporting Rescues’ Adoptions
SavetheSaveable.com Mission: A campaign to increase adoption/fostering of Pima County shelter and rescue animals most in need.
This grant resource is intended to support eligible rescue organizations of Pima County with stipends for animals in their care who are proving more difficult to place in permanent, loving homes. NKPC/Savethesavable.com will cover a portion of the cost of a service need which will improve the animal’s chances of adoption.
- Eligible organizations: 501c3 animal rescue organizations in Pima County
- Eligible animals: Animals in the rescue’s custody who have been surrendered by Pima County residents or pulled from Pima County shelters
Eligible services for funding
- Funds will be available for approved medical expenses or approved behavioral training* which will improve chances of adoption
- One animal, per rescue organization, per month, will be considered for grants, while funds are available.
First come first served.
- Preventative care such as vaccines, spay and neuter
- Routine care such as microchips and cosmetic grooming
- Emergency services
*Approved Training – NKPC supports protocols necessary to modify problematic behavior, which do not include use of punishment, pain, fear, physical force, coercion or compulsion in lieu of other effective interventions and strategies. The growing amount of evidence-based research indicates reward-based, positive reinforcement training methods and those utilizing Applied Behavior Analysis are not only the most humane but most effective methods to modify an animal’s behavior short and long term.
Grant amounts are at the discretion of NKPC/STS and will be a portion of the total cost.
We will respond within 7 days. If grant is approved, the funding will be available immediately and payable to the service provider.